CDC Northern Territory is proud to operate custom-built vehicles around Darwin, enabling easy boarding for anyone with special needs, providing comfort and protection in all weather. Airline technology makes every wheelchair secure and provides a much smoother ride. Our coaster and low floor buses accommodate students’ needs.
If you would like any information regarding our special needs services, please contact us on (08) 8944 2444.
Parents and carers can apply for special needs transport support from The Northern Territory Government for students who have:
- a disability or medical condition that prevents independent travel
- parents or carers who are unable to arrange or provide transport to and from school
To apply for special needs transport, you must take all relevant information about your child’s needs to your child’s school and discuss with the principal whether your child meets the eligibility criteria.
Who Can Apply
For your child to be eligible for special needs transport they must meet the following criteria:
- permanent resident of the Northern Territory
- assessed as having an identified disability and be enrolled in a specialist school or centre and/or
- require a high level of assistance for mobility purposes and require assisted travel for a wheelchair or other form of mobility aid
- enrolled at the closest appropriate school to their home
- not already travelling to and from school independently, or have the capacity to do so
- lives within the identified catchment area for transport
- have a maximum travel time of 60 minutes to and from school
- In recognition of the complexity of some special needs, under certain circumstances, your child may be considered eligible even if they fall outside of the eligibility criteria. Such situations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For general bus enquiries or feedback call 08 8924 7666, Monday to Friday, 6:45am to 4:30pm or email .